Like so many of my recipes I created this one by combining several recipes. The oatmeal adds a rich texture and the white chocolate chips pair well with the tart blueberries. These muffins pack well for school lunches, practices or games.
For a special gift for a neighbor, teacher or friend make into small bread loaves. Be sure to include the recipe!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup white sugar
¼ cup light brown sugar
1 cup milk
¼ cup butter, softened
½ teaspoon vanilla
1-2 cups frozen blueberries (unthawed)
1 cup white chocolate chips, optional
1. Combine in a large bowl flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add white chocolate chips, if using.
2. In a small bowl beat together sugars, milk, butter, vanilla and eggs.
3. Add sugar mixture to dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
4. In small bowl stir frozen blueberries and small amount of flour. This will keep the blueberries from falling to the bottom of muffins when cooking.
5. Add blueberries to muffin mixture.
6. Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes. Test with wooden skewer.