Using frozen dinner rolls, these cinnamon rolls are easy to make but don’t skimp on taste. Making them the night before helps me to enjoy a relaxing morning. They are a family favorite and make enough for guests.
1 – 1 ½ cups chopped pecans, if using
20 frozen dinner rolls
1 small package butterscotch pudding
½ cup butter (1 stick)
½ cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Spray a 9 x13 baking pan with oil
- Sprinkle pecans on bottom of baking pan. Pecans can be omitted or sprinkled on just part of the pan.
- Place frozen rolls in rows on top of pecans. The rolls will not cover pan when frozen, but will expand when they rise.
- Shake dry butterscotch pudding on top and rolls and pecans.
- Melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Continue stirring until brown sugar has dissolved, and the mixture is thick. Pour mixture evenly over pan.
- Place plastic wrap over pan, and place in oven overnight. The rolls will rise.
- In the morning, take pan out of oven.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.