Fall is my favorite season with the brilliant colors, family bike rides and hikes, and cool days. I adapted this recipe from several different recipes, and it has become a family favorite.
I always double the recipe, and give some bread to others. I like to bake the bread in small loaf pans. The bread placed in plastic treat bags with a fall colored ribbon tied around makes a special fall gift for a teacher or neighbor.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I use mini chips)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (can reduce amount)
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix dry ingredients together (flour, soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon).
- Stir chocolate chips into dry mixture.
- In separate bowl, stir eggs, oil, sugar and pumpkin together.
- Add pumpkin mixture to dry mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pans and smooth top.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, if using larger loaf pans. Adjust time if using smaller pans.
- Cool bread on wire racks.