This is a quick crowd-pleaser appetizer served with tortilla. It can be served as a side salad with grilled chicken or Mexican food. It isn’t spicy so even young children can enjoy this dish. My children enjoy helping me put it together.
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen white kernel corn
1 red pepper, chopped
½ red onion, chopped
1 firm tomato, chopped
Fresh cilantro, to taste
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Juice of 1 lime
Salt, to taste
1. Place black beans, corn, red pepper, onion, tomato and cilantro in bowl.
2. Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lime juice and salt.
3. Pour dressing over black bean mixture. Stir until completely combined.
4. Marinate 30 minutes or longer. There is no need to refrigerate since the corn keeps the salsa cool.
5. Serve with tortilla chips or as a side salad.