This colorful salad is beautiful and healthy. It is easy to prepare and everyone in the family loves the flavor. I received this recipe from a friend who also has a passion for healthy cooking.
- 1 cup quinoa, washed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 2 fresh limes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 5 green onions ( I used purple onions because that is what I had)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and rinse quinoa. In a saucepan bring quinoa and water to a boil. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook until all the water is absorbed, about 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, red pepper flakes and cumin
- Combined cooled quinoa, beans, tomatoes
and onions in a large bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss in cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.