I combined different recipes to create my own. This barbecue sauce is much better than store-bought brands. It is not filled with corn syrup or salt. The beef broth gives it a rich taste.
It is simple to make and can be used in many different recipes. It will stay fresh in the refrigerator for one week.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- In large sauce pan, melt butter and saute onion with garlic paste.
- Stir in mustard powder, salt and pepper. Continue stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add vinegar, chili sauce, beef broth, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook sauce on medium low until thickened.
- You can puree it in the blender for a smooth texture.