I created this recipe on a cool fall day. The color of the soup is beautiful especially when using sweet potatoes. It is thick and creamy and bursting with flavor. It is packed with Vitamin A and many other vitamins.
This soup served with a salad and crusty bread makes a perfect meal.
2 T butter
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic paste
3 cups chopped carrots
Salt and pepper, to taste
1-2 T herb blend
6 cups diced potatoes (I use sweet potatoes)
6 cups vegetable broth
1-2 cups milk
- Melt butter in large pot. Saute onions for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and saute for 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and herbs. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Place soup in batches in blender to create a creamy soup. Do not close opening completely to allow steam to escape.
- Return soup to pot. Add milk a little at a time for a perfect consistency. Heat on low.
- Add more salt and pepper, as needed.