I love to use leftover turkey in this delicious chowder. It is rich and full of flavor. You don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen the day after Thanksgiving to serve a great family friendly meal.
The chowder can be made with chicken and is just as delicious. It is great served on a cold night with crusty bread.
4 tablespoons butter
1 ½ cups carrots, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
½ large red onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic paste
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon, country herbs mix (or herbs of your choice)
2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
1 ½ cups peeled potatoes, diced
1) Melt butter in sauce pan. Saute chopped vegetables and garlic until tender.
2) Add salt, pepper and herbs. Saute mixture for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
3) Add broth and potatoes. Bring to boil. Cover and turn to low. Simmer on low for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
4) Stir in milk to make desired consistency.
5) Adjust salt, pepper and herbs.
6) Serve hot and enjoy!