Crepes look very elegant and taste divine. They are light and can be filled with sweetened cream cheese, fruit, and melted chocolate.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Whisk together the flour, eggs, milk, sugar, salt and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium bowl to form a smooth batter the thickness of heavy cream. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat a crêpe pan or small, heavy nonstick skillet over moderately high heat. When the pan is hot, brush with a light coating of the remaining butter. Ladle about 3 tablespoons of crêpe batter into the pan, tilting the skillet to evenly coat the pan with batter. Cook until golden brown on the bottom and the top begins to look dry, 1 to 2 minutes. Using a spatula, carefully turn the crêpe and cook on the second side just until the bottom colors slightly, about 30 seconds.
Transfer the crêpe to a plate and cover loosely to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.