This dish is a great addition to any meal. The sweet potatoes are packed with Vitamin A and other vitamins for a healthy variation to mashed potatoes. Roasting the sweet potatoes add a richness to the flavor and seals in the nutrients.
This recipe re-heats well so you can make it earlier in the day to serve with dinner.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes.
- Cut into large chunks and place in single layer on cookie sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and stir to coat.
- Roast in oven for 15. Stir and return to oven. Continue cooking for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Sweet potatoes will have brown roasted spots when done.
- Remove from oven and place in large bowl.
- Mash with potato masher or use mixer for more creamy and fluffy potatoes.
- Add enough milk to make thick and creamy.
- Add brown sugar and salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!