Roasting vegetables is one of the best ways to prepare vegetables. It is simple, and yet delicious. Vitamins are not lost in the process, and the natural sweetness comes through.
My kids love Roasted Maple Brussels Sprouts because of the crunchy texture, and the subtle sweetness of the maple syrup. They can be paired with any entrée. They are also very healthy. Brussels sprouts contain many of the cancer fighting nutrients our bodies need.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 maple bacon strips (can be omitted)
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Place Brussels sprouts in medium bowl.
- In small bowl combine oil, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour mixture on Brussels sprouts. Stir until sprouts are completely covered.
- Place sprouts on baking sheet or in cast iron pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Brussels sprouts should be lightly browned with some crunchy leaves.
- Place Brussels sprouts in serving bowl.
- Cook bacon until crispy. Crumble bacon and toss with Brussels sprouts.